This comprehensive, fast-paced training course focuses on installing, configuring, and managing VMware NSX™. NSX is a software networking and security virtualization platform that delivers the operational model of a virtual machine for the network.
Virtual networks reproduce the layer 2–layer 7 network model in software, enabling complex multitier network topologies to be created and provisioned programmatically in seconds. NSX also provides a new model for network security where security profiles are distributed to and enforced by virtual ports and move with virtual machines.
For advanced course options, go to www.vmware.com/education.
- Describe the evolution of the Software-Defined Data Center
- Describe how NSX is the next step in the evolution of the Software-Defined Data Center
- Describe data center prerequisites for NSX deployment
- Configure and deploy NSX components for management and control
- Describe basic NSX layer 2 networking
- Configure, deploy, and use logical switch networks
- Configure and deploy NSX distributed router appliances to establish East-West connectivity
- Configure and deploy VMware® NSX Edge™ services gateway appliances to establish North-South connectivity
- Configure and use all main features of the NSX Edge services gateway
- Configure NSX Edge firewall rules to restrict network traffic
- Configure NSX distributed firewall rules to restrict network traffic
- Use role-based access to control user account privileges
- Use activity monitoring to determine whether a security policy is effective
- Configure service composer policies