- Log in to the vCenter Server as an administrator.
- Back up the existing certificates from the vCenter Server. The certificate path varies depending the OS installed. Here is Path location
If its Windows 2008 and 2003 – C:\Program Files\VMware\Infrastructure\Inventory Service\ssl and C:\Program Files\VMware\Infrastructure\vSphereWebClient\DMServer\config\ssl
- Copy the new certificate files to the vCenter Server at the above above mentioned location and then load the certificate by using the Managed Object Browser (MOB).
https://<vCenter_Server>/mob/?moid=vpxd-securitymanager&vmodl=1 on the vCenter Server and load the certificates for the configuration by using the Managed Object Browser.
- Click Continue if you are prompted with a certificate warning.
- Type the administrator username and password when prompted.
- Click reloadSslCertificate.
- Click Invoke Method. If successful the window will show a message saying Method Invocation Result: void.
- Register vCenter Server to the inventory service.
- Encrypt the vCenter Server database password by using the new certificate.
- Restart the VMware Virtual Center Server Service.
- Restart the VMware vSphere Profile Driven Storage Service.
- Go to https:l/vcenterserver.domain.com and validate the certificate.