What is vCloud Director?
VMware defines that ” VMware vCloud Director is a software solution that enables enterprises to build secure, multi-tenant private clouds by pooling infrastructure resources into virtual datacenters and exposing them to users through Web-based portals and programmatic interfaces as fully automated, catalog-based services”
How Does VMware vCloud Director Work?
- VMware vCloud Director enables IT organizations to deliver the resources to its internal users as virtual datacenters. It is done y logically pooling the resources like compute/storag/networking capacity into virtual datacenters
- VMware vCloud Director enables users to consume these resources as a catalogbased service through a Web porta.
What are the Key features of vCloud Director?
- Create virtual datacenters
- Support multi-tenant environments
- vShield security technologies
- Infrastructure service catalog
- Self-service portal
- VMware vCloud API and Open Virtualization Format
- Automation and orchestration.