Lab 2: Installing VMware Tools on the RHEL Server for vCloud Director
In my earlier post I talked about installing the RHEL in a Virtual Machine for the vCloud Director.
This post is about installing the VMware tools inside the Linux Virtual machine.
- Open the Virtual Machine console, Click on the VM Tab, go to guest and click on Install/Upgrade VMware Tools.
- Now Login to the Virtual Machine with the Root Credentials
- Created a directory called /prep/vmtools, I used this directory to copy the VMware Tools installation bundle.
- I then created a mount point called /mnt/tmp for mounting the VMware Tools installation ISO.
- Mounted the ISO image to the /mnt/tmp directory
- copied the VMTools-9.6.0-1294478.tar.gz to the /prep/vmtools directory using the following command.
- Untarred the file “ VMTools-9.6.0-1294478.tar.gz” using the following command
- I then executed the following command to change the directory
- and finally executed ./vmware-install.pl -d to install the Vmware tools with the all the default settings. and we are done.
Step 2 in the preparing for the RHEL VM for the vCloud Director Cell series is done.
Now its time to create the SSL certificates for the vCloud Director. Lets wrap it up here and will talk in the next post about that.