vCloud Director “in a box” for Home Lab
Here is the Server Hardware and Lab environment that I am using to build the vCloud Director 5.1 in my Home Lab in Nested environment.
What is required to setup the vCloud Director in home Lab:
- Active Directory/DNS
- vCenter Server
- SQL Server
- ESXi Servers.
- vCloud Director Cell
- iSCSI Storage (Starwind)
Here is how I have configured it:
- Active Directory/DNS configured on Windows Server 2008 R2 EE with 2 vCPU and 1GB RAM
- vCenter Server installed on Windows 2008 R2 EE with 2vCPUs and 2GB RAM
- SQL Server on Windows Server 2008 R2 EE with SQL Server 2008 R2 installed with 2vCPUs and 2GB RAM
- 2 ESXi 5.0 Servers with 2vCPUs and 2GB RAM
- vCloud director Cell on a Red Hat enterprise Linux 6.1 with libXdmcp-1.0.3-1.el6.x86_64.rpm installed.
- Created 2 iSCSI LUNS created running on both Active director and vCenter Server.
Links to download the Windows & VMware Products to setup the Home Lab:
You can download Windows Server 2008 R2 Evaluation (180 days) using the following Link:
Microsoft® SQL Server® 2008 Enterprise Evaluation: Trial Experience for IT Professionals
You can go through the following link to download the VMware vSphere evaluation:
Here is the link to request a copy of Red Hat Enterprise Linux for evaluation:
Here is the Link to download the standwind for iSCSI
Stay Tuned for the forth Coming Labs. Thanks for Reading.