I cleared my VCAP4-DCD certification on Jan 9th 2014. What a way to start this new year 2014. With this new VCAP-DCD certification I am now having three VCAP Certifications,VCAP4-DCA, VCAP4-DCD and VCAP5-DCA with many other VMware/Microsoft/RedHat/ITIL Certifications.
I being the VMware Administrator for a quite a long time It was’t that hard for me to attempt the VCAP4-DCA exam comparing to the VCAP-DCD, however VCAP-DCD is a very tough exam and you really need to have a deeper understanding of VMware vSphere Architecture and the various aspects of the design. VCAP-DCD difficulty level is very high.
Since so many industry experts have already wrote and talked about their exam experiences so I will just start with the Documentation/videos that helped me passing the VCAP-DCD certification.
Here they are:
- VMware vSphere Design Second Edition by Scott Lowe Very Important read for DCD exam. I thank Scott Lowe for this amazing book and I am a huge fan of Scott Lowe. This book is a must read for everyone who plan to appear for the VCAP-DCD exam. I have read this book for about 3-4 times 🙂
- vBrownbag videos, i have downloaded all the Brownbag videos. Really important for you to watch and understand all the aspects of design and considerations.
- The documentation on Jason Langers website, the VCAP-DCD package that can be downloaded from here
- The VCAP5-DCD official Cert Guide by Paul McSharry.
- “VMware vSphere Design Workshop” would be a definite help.
I hope this is informative for you and thanks for reading.